Best way to monetize website in 2024?

Hello to all of you.

I just created a new website, and I post twice or three times a day there. I want to make some money off of this little side hobby.

I currently have advertising from Amazon Affiliates and AdSense. But if it is feasible, I would like to reach the point where I can make 7-8 CPM only from advertisements. Adcash is what I’m going to try, but is there anything else that someone could recommend?

I can receive 100–200K views each month, and half of my traffic originates from the US.

Maximizing Ad Revenue for Your Website (100-200k Views, US Traffic)

Achieving 7-8 CPM with Ads:

Achieving a consistent 7-8 CPM (cost per thousand impressions) requires strategic planning and optimization. Here’s how you can maximize ad revenue on your website:

Content Strategy:

• High-Quality Content: Focus on creating compelling and valuable content that resonates with your audience. Quality content attracts more engagement and enhances ad relevancy, thereby boosting CPM rates.

Targeted Traffic:

• US Traffic Focus: US traffic generally commands higher CPM rates. Optimize your SEO strategies and marketing efforts to attract and retain a US audience interested in your niche.

Premium Ad Networks:

• Consider Leading Networks: Explore ad networks known for higher CPM rates such as Media.net, Ezoic, or PropellerAds. These platforms may have stricter entry requirements but offer potential for increased revenue.

Ad Network Options:

• AdSense: Continue leveraging AdSense alongside other networks for diversified revenue streams, despite fluctuating CPM rates.
  • Amazon Affiliates: Integrate affiliate marketing through Amazon organically into your content for additional income opportunities.

Additional Network Considerations:

• Explore Alternatives: Alongside AdSense, consider integrating networks like Media.net, Ezoic, or PropellerAds to capitalize on higher CPM rates for US traffic in your specific niche.

Optimizing Ad Placement:

• Placement Testing: Experiment with different ad placements to determine optimal performance without compromising user experience. Avoid overwhelming visitors with excessive ads.
  • User Experience: Prioritize a seamless user experience to maintain visitor engagement and prevent ad fatigue, which can lead to increased bounce rates.

Key Considerations:

• Audience Development: Focus on building a loyal and engaged audience. A strong audience base translates into higher ad performance and sustained revenue growth.
  • Analytics Utilization: Utilize analytics tools to monitor user behavior and ad performance. This data-driven approach helps refine content and ad strategies for optimal results.

Continuous Optimization:

• Testing and Refinement: Continuously test ad networks, placements, and content formats to identify what resonates best with your audience and aligns with your revenue objectives.

Focus on optimizing your content for higher CPM rates with ad networks like Media.net or Sovrn. Explore direct ad sales or partnerships with brands relevant to your niche. Monitor ad performance and adjust placements for better engagement, aiming to maximize revenue from your growing traffic.

Static site generator like Hugo, has a bunch of prebuilt themes, pick one and put it on GitHub, you get the whole thing up in 2h.

Hi, Zack. You may consider selling digital things online.

FYI, tech/dev blogs are tough to monetize with ads because most users there use adblockers.

Affiliate Marketing: Promote products or services and earn commissions on sales made via your referral links.