Can a new site rank without backlinks in 6 months?

ContentCraftCleo said:
It’s possible, but only for really low KD or very local services. But the traffic will be very small.

By ‘local services,’ are you talking about searches that include the city or area name?

@Williamson
Yes, exactly. But I mean really local, like a small town or even a neighborhood within a city.

Another option is faking user interactions, but be ready to face penalties from Google if they catch you.

It depends on how hard the keywords are and how much content you’re putting out. The more you publish, the better your chances. But if it’s a tough keyword, you might be waiting forever to rank.

I’ve seen it happen with just solid content. If you’re focusing on a niche and have fresh ideas, you can definitely make it happen, though it takes time. The key is building topical authority. As your site grows, natural backlinks will come.

For tracking, I like using Semrush and Ahrefs, but lately, I’ve been using SERPtag. It’s cheaper for what I need, and it helps me monitor keyword rankings without relying on backlinks.

If you hit all the other important factors, it’s possible. I got to 4K clicks a day with no manual link-building, just natural backlinks after doing a lot of social media promotion.

Brown said:
If you hit all the other important factors, it’s possible. I got to 4K clicks a day with no manual link-building, just natural backlinks after doing a lot of social media promotion.

I’m all about natural backlinks too. I’ve never been into link exchanges or guest posting. Could you share how long it took you to reach that level? Was there anything specific that worked for you?

I can do it, but only if the keywords have no volume.

You can do it, but without backlinks, it’s really tough!

Backlinks aren’t as important anymore. Google cares more about topical authority, so if you can build that up, you can still rank.

Yes, it’s totally doable. We’ve done it plenty of times.

Ronald said:
Yes, it’s totally doable. We’ve done it plenty of times.

Okay, if…