Feeling discouraged a bit

Blogging has been my main hyper-fixation. I’m bummed because I can’t add Google Adsense to my blog until I make an upgrade to the Wordpress business plan. It doesn’t allow me to put the code in directly and the premium plan also doesn’t allow plugins. Ko-fi worked just fine being put on my blog and is going to be my source of dollars from supporters so I can upgrade my blog in time I guess.

Any tips or advice?

You can experiment with alternative monetisation methods or run WordAds on Premium.

AdSense and advertisements in general are only beneficial in high traffic situations. In these situations, a straightforward contribution button may be more effective.

There exist other platforms such as Ezoic, Propeller Ads, Pop Ads and others that provide the opportunity to monetise your website.I’ve heard of a lot of other platforms as well, but I don’t know much about them.thus you should explore this more.

I advise not obsessing with Adsense. They don’t pay much until you get a lot of traffic. If you are looking to monetise a modest quantity of visitors, then concentrate on affiliate marketing.

Switch to a self-hosted WordPress site? In the end, it will definitely be worthwhile.

This is one of the shortcomings of WordPress’s free plan. Although I would describe it as a dead end, you do have choices, such as purchasing additional features and control.

You may compare that to really switching from WordPress.com to WordPress.org, which I believe is rather simple to accomplish. Although there are expenses involved, you would still have to pay.

I enjoy Blogger since it’s completely free. But since conversion is challenging, that is of little use to you.

That’s part of the deal if you want to make money with the major networks; these people are searching for real publishers who are prepared to invest initial funds and effort. There is no other way around it: if you still want to join a large, trustworthy network (such as Adsense, Mediavine, Raptive or Ezoic) in the future, you should think about purchasing your own domain and server.

Fortunately, there are alternatives if you still want to cut costs. I recently learnt that Adsterra would authorise free websites like blogspot that are hosted on their platform without requiring a domain name. However, cpm should be about cents in comparison to a larger network.

Best of luck

This is one of the shortcomings of WordPress’s free plan. Although I would describe it as a dead end, you do have choices, such as purchasing additional features and control.

You may compare that to really switching from WordPress.com to WordPress.org, which I believe is rather simple to accomplish. Although there are expenses involved, you would still have to pay.

I enjoy Blogger since it’s completely free. But since conversion is challenging, that is of little use to you.