How can I customize a Tumblr blog?

I was making a website for my friend. I wanted to use php to make it easy for her to change things, but it’s too complicated for me. She already has a blog on Tumblr. I’m thinking of making her Tumblr look like her website. She’s a photographer and wants a contact page, a blog page, and pages for her photo galleries. Is there a simple way to do this so her Tumblr looks more like a website?

2 Likes

Yes, you can customize your friend’s Tumblr to resemble a website by utilizing themes and custom HTML/CSS. Look for Tumblr themes that offer customization options and consider integrating features like a contact page, blog page, and photo galleries using HTML/CSS. Additionally, explore Tumblr’s customization settings and documentation for further assistance.

1 Like

You can easily customize her Tumblr by following these five simple steps:

1. Choose a Theme: The first step is selecting a Tumblr theme that resembles a website layout.
  2. Customize the Theme: After choosing your desired theme, it is now time to customize the theme to match your friend’s brand and style. You can change the colors, fonts, and layout.
  3. Add Pages: Luckily, Tumblr allows you to add static pages.
  4. Integrate Social Media: If your friend uses Instagram or any other social media, some themes offer integration with these platforms, showcasing her work directly from her social media accounts.
  5. SEO and Mobile Responsiveness: Make sure the theme is SEO-friendly and mobile-responsive, as this will help potential clients find the site and view it on various devices

You would need to set up a two page website (contact.html and gallery.html) and then have the “blog” in the navigation go directly to her Tumblr url (hername.tumblr.com).

Alternatively, you can use Tumblr’s API and have the blog appear on her website under blog.html.

As for matching it up. Yes. All you need to do is go into Tumblr > Settings > Edit Appearance > Edit HTML and here you can have complete control of the HTML.

You are free to either make the blog look like her site or the site like her blog. I’ve done this several times and it works flawlessly. Only downside is you can’t use server side on the Tumblr so you’re limited by functionality but there are no limits to appearance.