How do you delete a blog in wordpress

Guys I want to completely revamp my blog, and think a clean slate is the best approach. This will involve changing the focus, design, and even domain name.

2 Likes

It’s easy to delete a WordPress blog, but keep in mind the steps depend on whether it’s a WordPressb hosted blog or a self-hosted WordPress blog:

1. Log in to your WordPress.com account and go to your dashboard.
  2. Navigate to Settings > General (or Hosting > Settings if using WP-Admin).
  3. Scroll down and click Delete your site permanently.
  4. Confirm the deletion and export your content (posts, pages, etc.) if prompted.
  5. Follow the on-screen prompts, which may involve typing your site address and confirming the deletion.
3 Likes

Simply head over to your site’s dashboard and go to Settings, then General (or Hosting → Settings if you’re using WP-Admin). From there, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and choose "Delete your site permanently

2 Likes

To delete a WordPress.com-hosted blog @ExposeExpose :

1. Log in to your WordPress.com account and go to your dashboard.
  2. Click on Settings, then General (or Hosting > Settings if you’re using WP-Admin).
  3. Scroll down and hit “Delete your site permanently.”
  4. Confirm the deletion and export your content (like posts and pages) if asked.
  5. Follow any additional on-screen steps, which might include entering your site address and confirming the deletion.

It’s just simple as that

1 Like

For self-hosted WordPress blogs (using WordPress.org) also I suggest you could do this:

1. Log in to your hosting account and access your website’s dashboard.
  2. Navigate to Settings > General (or Hosting > Settings if using WP-Admin).
  3. Scroll to the bottom and choose “Delete your site permanently.”
  4. Confirm the deletion and export your content (posts, pages, etc.) if needed.
  5. Follow any further instructions displayed, such as entering your site address and confirming the deletion.
1 Like

Great tips @BlogBeaconBeth