How to repurpose blog content for social media

Helo hello …I’m looking for some tips on repurposing my blog content for social media. I run a small lifestyle blog where I share recipes, DIY projects, and travel tips. I want to make the most out of my content by sharing it on different social media platforms, but I’m not sure where to start. Any advice or strategies you can share would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Repurpose blog material by making captivating images, quick videos, and interesting captions for Instagram; tweet advice and links; and publish in-depth summaries and how-tos on Facebook.

2 Likes

At Infobrandz, I often see a popular tactic of transforming blog segments into infographics. Many individuals also express interest in having their landing page material crafted into explainer videos. The trend of repurposing text into visual content is not unexpected, as it has been proven to drive more traffic and conversions in numerous instances. Other common requests include splitting videos into segments, incorporating captions into Instagram reels, revising blogs to enhance their SEO effectiveness, and refreshing old website content.

If you want to repurpose blog content on social media you can try these different attempts

• Facebook: Create engaging posts by summarizing key points from your blog, and use live streams to discuss blog topics.
  • Instagram: Share quotes, key takeaways, images, reels, and carousels to promote your blog content.
  • YouTube: Make videos based on blog entries, using a script to keep it engaging.
  • LinkedIn: Post articles, start a series of posts, and use rewriting tools to repurpose content.
  • Newsletters: Send roundup emails featuring links to blog posts on specific topics or types.
  • Quora: Answer questions using content from your blog, linking back to your posts for more information.

Repurposing your blog content for social media is a fantastic way to extend your reach and attract new readers to your blog. Here are some tips and strategies to get you started:

Tailoring Content for Different Platforms:

• Visuals are Key: Social media thrives on visuals. Break down your blog posts into bite-sized pieces that are easy to digest on each platform.
    • Instagram: Use eye-catching photos or short videos with text overlays.
    • Facebook: Mix images, infographics, and short videos.
    • Pinterest: Create beautiful pins that link back to your blog posts, ideal for recipes, DIY projects, or travel destinations.
    • Twitter: Share interesting snippets and include eye-catching visuals.

Engage Your Audience:

• Ask Questions: Pose questions related to your blog post topic to spark conversation and engagement.
  • Run Contests or Giveaways: Offer incentives like free printables or recipe ingredients to encourage likes, shares, and comments.
  • Use Relevant Hashtags: Research and incorporate relevant hashtags to increase the discoverability of your posts.

Frequency and Timing:

• Post Consistently: Aim for a regular posting schedule to stay on your audience’s radar.
  • Research Peak Times: Each platform has its own peak usage times. Schedule your posts when your target audience is most active.
  • Don’t Overdo It: While consistency is important, avoid overwhelming your followers with constant posts.

Content Repurposing Ideas:

• Recipes: Share beautiful food photos or short cooking videos on Instagram or Facebook. Break down recipe steps into smaller, actionable social media posts.
  • DIY Projects: Create short video tutorials or eye-catching before-and-after pictures to showcase your DIY project on various platforms.
  • Travel Tips: Share stunning travel photos with captivating captions showcasing destinations or travel hacks, perfect for Instagram and Pinterest.

Additional Tips:

• Use UTM Links: Track how your social media traffic converts to website visits with UTM links.
  • Promote Your Social Media on Your Blog: Include buttons or icons linking to your social media profiles on your blog.
  • Analytics and Insights: Utilize analytics tools provided by social media platforms to understand what type of content resonates with your audience and tailor your future posts accordingly.

By repurposing your blog content effectively, you can maximize your reach and engagement across various social media platforms.