How to write a blog post outline?

I know it’s a basic question, but I could really use some insights from experienced writers. My current outlining process is very raw, meaning I just write section headers and that’s it. But I have realized that the writing stage gets hard because there are no concrete thoughts under each subheader. I end up rambling/meandering a lot which makes the writing process tedious and overwhelming.

I searched the internet and it didn’t give me insightful results. So, I would really like to know how do you go about writing an outline for your work. If you have any reference links, that’d be helpful too.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

When outlining, try fleshing out each section header with bullet points or brief notes outlining key points or ideas. This will provide more structure and clarity for your writing process. Additionally, consider using techniques like mind mapping or storyboarding to visually organize your thoughts. Here are a couple of helpful links:

When outlining, it can be helpful to flesh out each section header with bullet points or brief notes outlining key points or ideas. This provides more structure and clarity for your writing process. Consider using techniques like mind mapping or storyboarding to visually organize your thoughts. Here are a couple of helpful links:

• How to Create an Effective Outline for Your Writing
  • Mind Mapping Techniques for Writers.