Is it worth launching a blog to earn income?

I have an idea for a a niche blog which could provide valuable information to people who need it. There is very little competition for this topic. But I’m not sure how to monetize it or if my expectations are reasonable.

I already have a full time job and for it to be worth my time to launch this blog I would need it to generate at least $800 per month.

I estimate that I could get around 10,000 visitors per month. Not enough to make decent money with Adsense. I thought about using referral or affiliate programs but who knows if enough visitors would be interested.

I’ve built profitable websites before but they all were for businesses which sold some product or service. I’ve never setup a blog which generates income in a passive way.

What should I do?

3 Likes

Invest time and effort into creating valuable, engaging content that addresses the needs and interests of your target audience. This will help attract and retain visitors to your blog.

2 Likes

Use analytics tools to track your blog’s performance, including traffic, engagement, and conversion rates. This data can help you identify areas for improvement and optimize your monetization strategy over time.

Implement SEO best practices to improve your blog’s visibility in search engine results. This can help drive organic traffic to your site and increase your chances of attracting potential customers.