Looking for Ideas for a Record Store Blog Aimed at Customers and Potential Employers

Hey everyone! I mentioned this in another post, but I’m planning to start a blog focused on the insights I’ve gained from running and managing a record store over the past few years. I’m looking for some inspiration on topics that would appeal to both customers and potential employers who might consider hiring me for freelance work. I’m thinking of doing deep dives into various bands’ discographies or ranking the sound quality of different stereo component brands. Do you have any other suggestions that could make my blog stand out? Thanks a ton! :love_you_gesture::black_heart:

Howdy bro,
Connect with your audience by replying to their comments and questions. Share your blog on social media and through email marketing to reach more people. Also, think about guest blogging on other music-related sites to expand your reach.

With your experience running a record store, you offer a unique perspective that could resonate with your readers. Here are some blog topics that could attract both customers and potential employers:

Industry Insights:

• Record Store Essentials: Share advice on running a successful record store, covering topics like inventory management and customer service.
  • Industry Trends: Explore current trends in the music industry, such as the resurgence of vinyl and the impact of digital downloads.
  • Behind the Scenes: Provide an inside look into the daily operations of a record store.

Band Deep Dives:

• Discography Reviews: Offer your insights on specific bands’ discographies, highlighting standout albums and tracks.
  • Band Histories: Share the stories behind your favorite bands and their music.
  • Artist Interviews: Conduct interviews with musicians or industry experts.

Equipment and Technology:

• Stereo Component Reviews: Compare various brands and models of turntables, amplifiers, speakers, and other audio equipment.
  • Vinyl Care and Maintenance: Give tips on cleaning, storing, and preserving vinyl records.
  • Digital Audio: Discuss the advantages and drawbacks of digital music formats and streaming services.

Music Culture and History:

• Music Genres: Delve into the history and evolution of different music genres.
  • Music Festivals: Share your experiences and recommendations for attending music festivals.
  • Music Industry News: Keep your readers informed about the latest news and trends in the music industry.

Personal Stories and Experiences:

• Memorable Moments: Reflect on your most memorable experiences as a record store owner.
  • Customer Stories: Feature interesting anecdotes from your interactions with customers.
  • Personal Music Journeys: Discuss your own journey as a music enthusiast.