Starting a new blog in 2024 - does it even stand a chance?

Just looking for some motivation to work more on my blHi I have a new blog. The niche is travel -narrowed to a specific and quite underrated place. I started this blog 2 months ago, haven’t written much yet. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I didn’t foresee the Google update damage would be so bad for the blogging world. It has made me question my decision to start now. My goal from this blog is monetisation - anywhere between $1-3k /month is good enough for me as a passive income since I have a full time job. I am aware it’s not a-get-rich-scheme and i am willing to put in the hard work. But I don’t want to be pouring my efforts over something dead - is it even worth spending time and efforts on new blogs now ? Do new blogs even stand a chance? Will it better to focus elsewhere ?og. Please share your achievements.

4 Likes

Absolutely, new blogs still have a chance! Your niche is key—underrated places can be goldmines for unique content. Remember, Google updates are part of the game, but quality content and consistent effort will pay off. Set realistic goals, stay dedicated, and monetization will follow. Keep going!

3 Likes

Building a successful blog takes time and dedication, but the rewards can be substantial.

2 Likes

While Google updates may impact certain aspects of blogging, there are still various ways to monetize your blog beyond traditional advertising.

2 Likes

Connect with other bloggers in your niche and seek out communities where you can share ideas, resources, and support.