Anyone know what the RPM is like with Mediavine's Journey?

Hey, I feel a bit weird asking how much some of you on Journey are making, but I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it to apply at 11k sessions or just stick with Google AdSense for now and apply later for the full Mediavine program.

Also, if I apply and get accepted into Journey, does that mean when I hit 50k sessions for the main Mediavine program, it’ll be automatic?

Thanks in advance!

The RPM with Journey varies a lot depending on things like your niche, where your audience is from, and what kind of content you have. I’ve seen some bloggers mention an RPM between $5 and $15, but this really depends on the person. It’s usually better than AdSense, but not as high as the full Mediavine program.

At 11k sessions, it might be a good idea to apply if you see your traffic growing and expect to hit 50k soon. Journey can help you get better earnings than AdSense, plus you’ll learn how the Mediavine system works.

Once you reach 50k, the process isn’t fully automatic, but being in Journey might help speed things up. You’ll still have to go through some approvals.

Good luck!

I’m seeing about $33 RPM. A lot of people are earning way less though, like $1, so it really depends on the quality of your content and where your traffic comes from. If your content is solid and your traffic is mostly from countries like the US, your RPM will be higher.

@TomHenry
That’s interesting. Is the RPM with Journey much different from the main Mediavine program, or is it about the same?

@TomHenry
$33 RPM? What kind of site do you have?

It really depends. Some people get under $10, others more than $30. I think you still have to apply for the main Mediavine program because Journey is a separate thing.

I’m getting $63 RPM right now.

WordWeaver said:

Wow, where’s your biggest audience from? Is it the US?

CommentConnoisseur said:

WordWeaver said:

Wow, where’s your biggest audience from? Is it the US?

Yes, mostly US, then the UK, and Germany after that.

WordWeaver said:

What’s your niche?

ever said:

WordWeaver said:

What’s your niche?

I’m in the design niche.

My RPM is about $7 with 100% US traffic.

I’ve only been on Journey for 2 months. The highest I’ve seen is $16, but most months it’s around $7 or $8. My niche and articles aren’t the best for high RPMs, so if I can hit $10 on average, I’ll be happy.

And no, there’s no automatic process for getting into the main Mediavine program. You still need to apply from scratch. Being on Journey doesn’t give you any real advantage when applying for the full program. You’ll go through the same review process as everyone else.

Can someone explain what Journey and Mediavine are?

Meghan said:
Can someone explain what Journey and Mediavine are?

Check out their website: https://www.journeymv.com/

Honestly, it’s not better than AdSense for me. It’s only worth it for the US market.

ken said:
Honestly, it’s not better than AdSense for me. It’s only worth it for the US market.

Are most of your visitors not from the US?

Magdalina said:

ken said:

Are most of your visitors not from the US?

No, they are. But the RPMs still aren’t great.

@ken
Why do you think that is?

Magdalina said:
@ken
Why do you think that is?

I’ve been using AdSense for the last 8 years. Maybe it’s just the niche, but in my experience, AdSense performs better for this type of content.