Anyone tried affiliate marketing... how’s it going?

So I’ve been thinking about starting affiliate marketing and wanted to know if anyone here has tried it? I read that you can earn money without creating your own products, which sounds great. Anyone making decent money from this? Tips for getting started?

Yeah, I’ve been doing it for a bit now. It’s legit. You basically promote products from other companies and earn a commission if someone buys through your link. I started with a blog and just focused on a specific niche. The passive income part is real, but it takes time.

@PaulTaylor
Passive income? Like you just set it up and let it roll?

DigitalDruid said:
@PaulTaylor

Kind of, yeah. Once you’ve got traffic coming to your site and people clicking the links, the money can come in even when you’re not actively working on it. But building that traffic takes work at the start.

DigitalDruid said:
@PaulTaylor

Yeah, my traffic’s been slow. What niche are you in? I’m struggling to pick one.

I’ve heard of this too. How much can you actually make though? Is it really worth the time?

Caine said:
I’ve heard of this too. How much can you actually make though? Is it really worth the time?

It depends on your niche and how much work you put in. I’ve seen some people earning a few hundred bucks a month, while others are pulling in thousands. Starting slow is normal, but I read that the average affiliate marketer makes over $8K a month after some experience.

Caine said:

Yeah, don’t expect to make big money right away. It’s more of a long-term thing. I’d say give it time, focus on building quality content, and the earnings will come.

I’ve been thinking of using YouTube for affiliate marketing. Does anyone here do that instead of a blog?

Kabir said:
I’ve been thinking of using YouTube for affiliate marketing. Does anyone here do that instead of a blog?

I tried YouTube! It’s great for niches where people want to see product reviews or how-tos. You can still add affiliate links in the video description. Just make sure to disclose it like ‘Hey, I may earn a commission if you buy something’.

Kabir said:

What do you mean by disclose? Like, tell them you’re getting paid?

@LizCampbell
Yep, exactly. It’s required by law in some places, but it also helps build trust with your audience. They appreciate the transparency.

Anyone have luck with Amazon’s affiliate program? I’ve heard mixed things about their commissions.

Tivah said:
Anyone have luck with Amazon’s affiliate program? I’ve heard mixed things about their commissions.

Amazon’s good if you’re promoting lots of small items. Commissions are kinda low, but they add up if people are buying more stuff after clicking your link. Plus, you earn a cut on anything they buy, not just what you link to.

Tivah said:

Yeah, I saw that too. Like, if they buy random stuff like a vacuum or shoes after clicking your link, you still get a commission for it. Seems like a decent deal.

Don’t forget to choose a niche you actually like. If you hate what you’re writing about, it’s gonna be tough to stick with it long enough to see results.

PaulTaylor said:
Don’t forget to choose a niche you actually like. If you hate what you’re writing about, it’s gonna be tough to stick with it long enough to see results.

Good point. I’ve been thinking of a few different ideas but not sure which one to go with yet.

@BloggingBard2
Just go with something you enjoy talking about. You’ll be creating a lot of content, so it helps if it’s something you’re into.