Best tools to research Youtube keywords?

Hey folks,

Apologies for the newbie question, but I’m wondering which keyword tools you’d recommend for researching YouTube keywords? I’m hoping for some good free options if possible.

I’ve tried searching on Google and YouTube, but most of the results are for paid tools, and I’m not sure if they’re worth it. I did find one free tool, but I’m a bit skeptical about its reliability.

Also, I’m a bit confused about the “competition” number that’s displayed. Can anyone clarify what that number represents? I’ve noticed that keywords with hundreds of thousands of monthly searches sometimes have similar competition ratings to keywords with only 10 monthly searches. I’m not quite sure how to interpret this. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Don’t be discouraged by high competition if your content offers unique value or a fresh perspective on a popular topic.

1 Like

For free YouTube keyword research, try Google Trends, YouTube’s Search Suggest, TubeBuddy (Free Version), and VidIQ (Free Version), and regarding the “competition” number, it indicates how many videos are targeting that keyword, making it easier to assess ranking difficulty.

When it comes to YouTube keyword research, I’ve got your back. Personally, I’ve used tools like Keywords Everywhere and TubeBuddy, which offer free versions with decent features. They’ve helped me find relevant keywords without breaking the bank.

About that “competition” number—it represents how many other videos are targeting the same keyword. So, even if a keyword has high search volume, if lots of videos are competing for it, it might be tough to rank. It’s like a crowded party—hard to stand out! My advice? Aim for keywords with decent search volume and lower competition for better chances of getting noticed.