Best WordPress themes for blogging in 2024... any recommendations?

I’ve been thinking of revamping my WordPress blog this year and came across a list of top themes like Robin, Flexblog, and Wavy. They all sound great, but I’m stuck on which one to pick. Anyone used these themes before? I’m looking for something clean, fast, and easy to customize. Any suggestions or other themes I should consider?

I’ve been using Flexblog for my travel blog, and it’s been fantastic. The customization options are great, and it’s super responsive. You can switch between layouts, so it never feels too rigid. I’d recommend it for sure. What’s your blog about?

@NicheNomad3
It’s a personal blog, mostly about tech and lifestyle. I’ve heard Flexblog doesn’t work well with Gutenberg. Have you had any issues with that?

SarahLays said:
@NicheNomad3
It’s a personal blog, mostly about tech and lifestyle. I’ve heard Flexblog doesn’t work well with Gutenberg. Have you had any issues with that?

It’s true Flexblog isn’t optimized for Gutenberg. I just stick to the classic editor, and it’s been fine for me. But if you want to go full Gutenberg, you might want to try another theme like Robin or Swyft.

Swyft is all about speed. If performance is important to you, especially for SEO, it’s a great choice. It’s got amazing PageSpeed scores and is easy to customize with lots of Google fonts and dark mode options. I switched from another theme because my site was loading too slow, and Swyft fixed that.

@Sadie
Speed is definitely important! I’ve had slow loading times in the past, so Swyft sounds like a good option. Does it handle images and videos well?

SarahLays said:
@Sadie
Speed is definitely important! I’ve had slow loading times in the past, so Swyft sounds like a good option. Does it handle images and videos well?

Yeah, it’s great with media! It has lazy loading for images and videos, which helps with speed. Plus, it’s optimized for AMP, so your mobile readers will have a smooth experience.

SarahLays said:
@Sadie

I agree with RST. I’ve used Swyft for my photography blog, and it handles high-res images perfectly without compromising speed.

@trixiebecky
That’s exactly what I need. I’ll definitely check out Swyft.

Has anyone tried Robin? I’ve seen a lot of good reviews about it being colorful and fun, but I wonder if it’s too playful for a more serious blog.

Jeneta said:
Has anyone tried Robin? I’ve seen a lot of good reviews about it being colorful and fun, but I wonder if it’s too playful for a more serious blog.

I use Robin for my DIY craft blog, and it’s perfect for creative content. It might be a bit too whimsical for a serious blog unless you’re going for a laid-back vibe. It’s really customizable though, so you can tone down the playful elements if needed.

@CharlotteAmelia
Thanks! I’ll keep that in mind. I might try it for a test run and see how it fits.

If you’re looking for something really clean and fast, have you considered Wavy? It’s lightweight, loads fast, and still looks modern. I’ve been using it on my tech blog, and I love how smooth it is, especially for mobile users.

@MysteryMaverick
Wavy sounds great, especially since I’m planning to focus more on mobile users. Does it have a lot of customization options?

SarahLays said:
@MysteryMaverick
Wavy sounds great, especially since I’m planning to focus more on mobile users. Does it have a lot of customization options?

It’s more minimalist in terms of design, so the customization options aren’t as extensive as some other themes. But it’s easy to work with, and you can tweak things like layouts and colors without much hassle.

For something more elegant and storytelling-focused, you could try Myth. It’s not as flashy, but it’s perfect if you want a clean and classy look for a personal blog. Plus, it’s WooCommerce compatible if you ever plan to sell stuff.

@Cleo
I hadn’t heard of Myth before, but it sounds like it could work for the personal side of my blog. Does it handle multimedia well?

SarahLays said:
@Cleo
I hadn’t heard of Myth before, but it sounds like it could work for the personal side of my blog. Does it handle multimedia well?

Yeah, it’s great for images and videos. It also works well with Gutenberg, so you’ll have more flexibility in how you format your posts.

Just curious, are you planning to monetize your blog? Some of these themes, like Lemon & Limes, are perfect for blogs that want to add eCommerce features down the road.

TechTitan said:
Just curious, are you planning to monetize your blog? Some of these themes, like Lemon & Limes, are perfect for blogs that want to add eCommerce features down the road.

I’m not sure yet, but it’s something I’d like to explore eventually. Does Lemon & Limes work well for non-food blogs too?