Dismayed by real traffic numbers... 15,000 page views, only <50 real visitors

Don’t get too excited about your stats. I am extremely bummed after learning that virtually all my traffic in the last 5 months were nothing but bots and crawlers on my city news blog. Not worth it (to me). 15,000 page views… down to maybe 50 actual human users (clicking multiple pages and back to home page). Live and learn.

It takes time. Don’t get discouraged by your website’s traffic. Just keep working on it and continue to post new content. The real visitors will come soon enough. The bots are indexing and crawling your content, so that’s a good thing.

How could there be 15000 views but only 50 human users?

bots and crawlers and ‘others’

Hi OP! I have the same, 20k average new users, but only getting a thousand ad impressions. Bummer :frowning:

Hey OP - I know this sucks but I often recommend my creators/students to put up a ‘product’ that is extremely cheap as a ‘credit card check’.

What I mean by this is: In a world being taken over by AI, the only honest validation that you’re in the right direction (content-wise) is when somebody reaches for their wallet. Since almost everything else can be faked (views, clicks, likes, even karma), this is the best way to know what is actually happening.

Don’t lose your faith!

You got 50 people to actually interact with your content - let’s aim for 200 next!

Do you mean a cheap but fake product to catch bots or an actual real product?

Actual real product. Something packed with value at a really low price. So you know people are resonating with what you’re building/blogging/doing.

Why don’t you go for backlinks service?

Interesting. Where do you see what traffic is not versus human? I’ve never noticed this in Google Analytics?

built-in stats vs. GA

Where are you looking at your stats? Because the only place you’ll get real data is GSC and GA.

No. It’s useless to look at bot traffic which will be included in the stats you see on your hosting dashboard. Unless you’re getting an unusual attack, there’s no point to it.