Does anyone open source their blog? How would you compare it to a closed-source blogs?

im getting started with blogging and i created a Docusaurus blog website. i monetize the blog with ads. id like to know if there could be an impact on SEO or monetization if i open source it.

i expect i would be creating new articles as pull requests. readers might read the article content without agreeing to the google adsense term and conds. i guess it would impact monetization, but i dont expect it to be common. (im expecting people prefer to read the content on the actual site than in github).

im thinking to open source it because it would match my other projects. an open source blog seems like a nice thing to have.

Workarounds for Monetisation: Should AdSense profits decline, you may want to look at other forms of monetisation. Alternatives including subscription models, affiliate marketing and sponsored content might make up for any lost ad revenue.

That’s not how this works at all. To be open source simply means to be able to view the source code and host it yourself. Open sourcing is not a decision that is under your control if you did not create the blogging platform. Regarding Meta, they have already made the source code for Docusaurus available.

Even if some users choose to browse the articles on GitHub, you may experiment with strategically inserting advertisements on your site, such as in-content ads, to increase attention and revenues if you’re worried about monetisation loss.

You could get more credibility by making your blog open-sourced, especially in tech groups. Through more shares, engagement, and backlinks, this might improve SEO inadvertently.

An open-source blog might support transparency and trust by being consistent with your brand or other initiatives. This might draw in a tech-savvy readership that is more likely to support your site even if they choose to ignore the adverts.

Your blog may receive more visitors from GitHub. To encourage people to visit the real blog, you may provide a link to the complete post on your website in the GitHub readme or article descriptions.