Does Mediavine accept forums?

If I add a forum to my site to encourage traffic and return visitors, can I still count that traffic towards Mediavine? In other words, does Mediavine allow forums?

AdThrive does allow forums, but they recommend placing them on a subdomain to avoid negatively impacting the main site’s RPMs. Advertisers typically don’t pay as much for forums, so AdThrive suggests treating the forum and the main site as two completely different sites with separate ad accounts.

1 Like

No, AdThrive doesn’t allow forums. I’m pretty sure all “premium” ad networks have similar rules regarding forums. You can use AdSense, but many people face issues with ads not showing in forums due to insufficient content.

I was recently reviewing lists of a large majority of Mediavine sites and did not see any forums. While it may not be an explicitly stated rule, given Mediavine’s emphasis on “brand safety” and “lifestyle publishers,” I would guess that forums are not accepted.

Side note – where did you find the lists of sites? If you’re willing to share, I’d love to know.

There are a few versions of the aggregated data available online, but I noticed too many errors in them. So, I started compiling my own list. All sites using Mediavine can be found through the ads.txt data, which lists every site.

I’m not sure if this is an actual requirement, but given MV’s emphasis on “brand safety” and “lifestyle publishers,” I’d think forums are not permitted.

Mediavine primarily focuses on ad management and monetization for content-driven websites, specifically blogs and sites that feature significant original content. Forums are generally not accepted as part of their advertising network.