Driving traffic to my blog

Hello! I started my blog 9 months ago and I’ve been posting consistently to drive traffic with Pinterest. I managed to get 600 daily views and joined Mediavine in July, but with the Pinterest algo update in August, my traffic plummeted, and I can’t seem to recover it.
I started using Rank IQ to try to drive Google traffic, but my numbers are still the same.

I’m looking for other ways and platforms to drive traffic. I heard some people are using Reddit for traffic, but I’m unsure how to do that.

I’m in the home decor niche, by the way.

Are you doing keyword research? That goes hand in hand with Rank IQ. I use Keywords Everywhere, a really affordable Google Chrome plugin. It works on Pinterest too.

I use Pinterest Trends.

You can recover your Pinterest traffic:

1. Pin format: One of the first things I noticed is that Pinterest has started showing different pin formats in search results. So, for the same article, try different sizes and formats of pins.

2. Pin without URL: These pins are helping to get followers, more reach, and build trust with Pinterest.

3. Paid ads: Running ads can recover your organic reach. (Some Pinterest gurus recommend this.)

4. Alt text: It helps Pinterest understand what your pin is about.

1. Can you explain what ‘pin without URL’ means? Is that a pin that doesn’t link to your website?

2. Last year, when I’d create pins, there was an alt text box to fill out, but it disappeared this year for me. Are you saying you still have access to it?

1. Just add useful pins (images) so your users won’t have to leave your Pinterest page. They will stay on your page and increase engagement.

2. There are a few ways to get Alt text:

• Save a pin from a URL; in the next step, you will see the alt text option.
    • Use Tailwind; they have an option to add alt text.
    • Edit your previous pin on the mobile app; click on advanced settings, and you will see the alt text option there.

Hey there! I feel your pain with the Pinterest algo changes - it’s been a wild ride. While I’m still working on getting my Pinterest traffic back up, I’ve found some success experimenting with other platforms.

Reddit can actually be a great source of traffic if you approach it the right way. The key is to find subreddits that align with your niche and genuinely engage with the community. Share your expertise, answer questions, and occasionally link back to relevant blog posts when it adds value to the conversation. Just be sure to read each subreddit’s rules first so you don’t come across as spammy.

I’ve also been doubling down on SEO lately. Tools like Rank IQ are awesome, but don’t forget about the basics too - optimizing your titles, meta descriptions, alt tags, site speed, etc. It takes time to see results, but it’s worth it for that sweet, sweet organic traffic.

Keep testing different strategies and don’t get discouraged! Building a successful blog is a marathon, not a sprint. You got this! :muscle:

All of the advice given already is solid, so all I have to add is that blogging is a long game. It can take 6-18 months to see results in most cases. So you just have to keep going.

If you want Google search traffic on your site, start writing content after doing good keyword research. A good keyword is half the game. Use tools like Ahrefs or SEMrush.

If you can inbox your site URL.

Images with good SEO descriptions were pivotal to driving organic traffic to my site.