Experience with blogging about B2B topics?

I have read quite a bit about blogging and watched nice videos about how to set up a WordPress website. I think i can manage that.

But i have no knowledge (nor interest) of any consumer or travel topics.

I am thinking to write about a certain industry. Does anyone have experience with that? At how many visitors can you start thinking about getting an advertisement agency involved?

`

It takes more strategic thinking and responsibility to launch a blog in a B2B niche. Individuals in this area are seeking solutions that are more targeted and precise. You also need to make sure that it fits in with your knowledge and areas of interest. You can’t just compose articles about random topics and publish them on a regular basis.

Aim for a daily average of 1000 visits before considering blog monetisation.

I’ve spent my entire career in B2B publishing and it’s a complex field with a steep learning curve for newcomers.

The biggest differences between B2B publishing and consumer-focused blogging (like food or fitness blogs) are substantial:

Working with corporations is a completely different experience. Corporate clients are knowledgeable, operate in cycles, are difficult to access, skilled negotiators and often elusive. However, if you have an audience they value, they can become long-term, lucrative clients. Yet, many publishers never see a return.

Building a B2B audience is particularly challenging. It requires in-depth industry research, learning specialized jargon, and being prepared to feel inexperienced for a while. Established markets already have several players, so the key is to enter early in an emerging market and become a leading source before competitors. It’s tough to get people to subscribe to multiple industry newsletters that provide similar content. The competition is intense, especially with established B2B media companies like Informa and Endeavor, which have the resources to quickly enter new markets or acquire emerging publications.

There is also a higher level of responsibility in B2B publishing. Unlike mainstream media, where inaccuracies can often be overlooked, errors in B2B can severely damage your credibility and business if someone uses incorrect information from your publication in a professional setting.

Additionally, there are numerous other challenges, such as driving traffic, maintaining content consistency, finding new topics, dealing with email deliverability issues and generating sales.