Hostinger Premium says you can host up to 100 sites and 25,000 visits… what's the catch here?

I’m thinking of trying something different with blogging this year and starting 6 to 10 sites in various niches. Hostinger has this Premium plan that claims you can have:

• 100 websites
  • 25,000 visitors
  • 100GB of storage
  • 400k files and folders

It sounds like a great deal for the price—like $5 a month. But is there something I’m missing here? Does it really mean I can host 100 blogs on one plan? Or is it just good marketing? Anyone tried this before?

The big catch is resource sharing. This is shared hosting, so when one of your sites starts getting a lot of traffic, it will use up more CPU and memory, and they’ll probably ask you to upgrade or even shut down your site. It’s possible to start this way, but just know you’ll need to move sites that get more attention. I’ve had sites taken offline when they got popular, so be ready for that. Also, never buy domains from the same host—it makes it harder to switch later.

@Charis
Exactly! Hostinger often pushes a ‘deal’ to move your domain to their hosting, but don’t do it. Also, remember the renewal price. No discounts, just the full price.

Leeland said:
@Charis
Exactly! Hostinger often pushes a ‘deal’ to move your domain to their hosting, but don’t do it. Also, remember the renewal price. No discounts, just the full price.

Yeah, I’ve heard that. I’ll be getting my domains separately. Thanks for the heads-up!

I’m still pretty new to this, and it seems like most hosting plans only let you have one site. So I’m curious if this kind of multi-site plan is normal.

Make sure you check how much it costs to renew the plan. They usually get you with that.

If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is. Other hosts don’t offer anything close to this, so maybe look deeper into their terms before committing. Also, how are you planning to manage 6 to 10 blogs? Where’s the content going to come from? Just something to think about.

@SnooSeeker
Yeah, good point. I plan to spend about 4 hours a day on them. Most of the content will be things I already know about or sites that aren’t super content-heavy.

Remember that Hostinger renews at full price—no discounts after the first year.

Leeland said:
Remember that Hostinger renews at full price—no discounts after the first year.

Yeah, it starts at $2 a month, but after a year, it jumps to $5.

This is clearly a strategy to get more customers. Hosting 100 websites on a single server doesn’t seem realistic when resources are so limited. A typical WordPress site needs at least 256MB of RAM. Hosting 100 would need way more resources than what’s offered here. You could register 100 domains, sure, but once those sites start getting traffic, that’s where the trouble begins.

@Tivah
Yeah, I was thinking the same. I’m not planning to hit 100 sites, but I guess once a site starts growing, I’ll need to move it to its own plan. Maybe they’re counting on people not actually using all the resources.

@Olives
Exactly! It’s a classic ‘bait-and-switch’ move. Look for a provider that gives you what you really need instead of flashy offers.

The catch is called overselling. They’re selling space to way more people than they can actually support, assuming most won’t use all the space. But if you max out your resources, your site will slow down, and eventually, they’ll suspend you and recommend you move to a VPS plan.

Yeah, it’s Hostinger… you get what you pay for. It’s pretty basic.

No way can you host 100 websites on a $5/month plan. That’s just not realistic. Maybe if you’re only hosting very low-traffic static sites, but if you have sites with lots of visitors, they won’t be able to handle it. I pay $7/month to host just three sites. So, be careful. It sounds good, but in practice, I doubt their servers can handle 100 sites.

A lot of hosting companies are just reselling services from big providers like Google Cloud or AWS, and they take a cut. You could just go straight to Google Cloud or AWS and skip the middleman altogether.