How are you obtaining backlinks for your blog?

I’m struggling to get backlinks for my blog. I’ve heard that posting guest articles on competing blogs is one of the best ways to do it, but most opportunities I find only allow nofollow links, which don’t help with SEO. I’ve found a few forums where I can post and link back in my profile, but these haven’t significantly boosted my backlink profile.

Do you have any advice?

Thank you.

I don’t think you should concentrate on that. Creating excellent content should be your first priority when starting a blog so that others will want to link to it later.

My goal is to write valuable information. After editing, the content is typically between three and five thousand words long. I do extensive research on the topic and strive to address readers’ concerns. However, I know that building backlinks is the best strategy to increase readers more quickly.

The emphasis should be on more than just creating excellent content, particularly if you want quick search traffic. The emphasis should also be on creating content for fair search traffic keywords and themes with little competition.

Hi Shane , am convienced if you follow the following guidelines your backline profile will be boosted:

1. Guest Blogging: Write guest posts for other blogs in your niche. Include a link back to your site in your author bio.
  2. Broken Link Building: Identify broken links on relevant websites and offer your content as a replacement.
  3. Unlinked Mentions: Search for mentions of your brand or content without a link. Reach out to the site owners and request a link.
  4. Create Linkable Content: Develop valuable, shareable content that naturally attracts links from other sites.
  5. Get Featured in “Best” Articles: Aim to be included in roundup articles or lists of top resources in your field.
  6. Infographics: Design visually appealing infographics that others will want to share and link to.
  7. Use HARO (Help a Reporter Out): Respond to journalists’ queries and get featured in news articles with a link back to your site.
  8. Long-Form Guides: Create comprehensive, authoritative guides that become go-to resources for your audience.

There are some Facebook groups where people will let you write on their blog but they are low value for the most part. Outreaching is probably the best way to go but it’s time consuming. You can look for blogs that allow guest post. You might also receive some link building proposal when you get more traffic.