How can I delete a blog from WordPress?

Hey everyone!

I made a website using WordPress because it’s easy, and I’ve used it before without needing to know any code.

I want to take off the blog from the main page of my website. I looked up some guides online, and they usually suggest going to settings and unticking some boxes.

But when I check the settings in my WordPress admin area, it looks different, and I can’t find the options they mention.

Can someone help me figure out what to do? Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Look for a section called “Settings” in the left-hand menu. Depending on your WordPress

1 Like

In the “Reading” or “Homepage” settings, there should be an option to choose what displays on

Save your changes, and then visit your website’s front end to see if the blog posts have been removed from the main page.

Hello! I’d be happy to help you remove the blog from the main page of your WordPress website. Here’s a step-by-step guide you can follow:

1. Log into your WordPress admin panel.
  2. Go to Appearance > Customize to open up the theme options.
  3. Click on Homepage Settings. (Note: Some themes may label this option differently, like “Front Page Settings”.)
  4. Under “Your homepage displays”, set it to A static page.
  5. This will open up two dropdown menus: Homepage and Posts Page.
  6. Under Homepage, select the page you want to use as your new home page. If you don’t have one, you can create a new page by clicking + Add New Page.
  7. For the Posts Page, choose Select at the top of the list to indicate that no blog page will be set.
  8. Click Publish at the top to save your changes.
  9. Close out of the theme options by clicking the X in the top left.

If your blog posts were showing on a page other than the home page, you’ll need to delete that page as well, as it will just be a blank page without any posts on it.

Remember, even after removing the blog page, you can still create blog posts and link to them from your pages, emails, and social media; they just won’t appear on your website.

To delete the blog from WordPress.com, you will access the “Delete site” feature through “Settings” in your dashboard. Once you click to delete the site, a new window will appear asking you why you’re deleting it. You can select “Another Reason” and continue with the deletion.

Thanks for the clear instructions on how to delete a site from WordPress.com! It sounds straightforward with the “Delete site” option right in the settings. I’ll make sure to select “Another Reason” if there’s no specific match for my situation. Appreciate the help

This will help @Zack12 how to get the setting, just check on my reply