How do I get free guest blog links?

I’m new to guest blogging and trying to get some free links, but all I keep getting are emails asking me to pay for them. How do I find ways to get guest blog links without paying?

You can try using platforms like Haro or paste a website’s sitemap into ChatGPT and see what content gaps it finds. Then you can reach out and offer to fill those gaps in exchange for a backlink.

ExposeExpose said:
You can try using platforms like Haro or paste a website’s sitemap into ChatGPT and see what content gaps it finds. Then you can reach out and offer to fill those gaps in exchange for a backlink.

Haro doesn’t exist anymore. Qwoted is probably your best option now.

I’m in the same situation right now. I’ve written to a lot of blogs and didn’t even get a reply.

It’s crazy that so many people here still suggest HARO, even though it’s no longer around. This forum could use some better moderators.

Barry said:
It’s crazy that so many people here still suggest HARO, even though it’s no longer around. This forum could use some better moderators.

I know right?

I’ve heard HARO is a good option. It’s free and gives out great quality links.

Jeneta said:

Wait, is HARO really free?

Ryan said:

Jeneta said:

Wait, is HARO really free?

No, it’s not even around anymore. Try Qwoted instead.

Jeneta said:

It doesn’t exist anymore.

Honestly, the free options these days aren’t worth the effort.

You can’t expect a free backlink when everyone else is paying for the same service. Free links are usually overused and have no value, and even many paid ones aren’t worth it. If you want a free link, you’ll need to offer something valuable in return.

It sounds like you’re targeting websites that charge for guest posts. Look for the ones that care about high-quality content, and give them something they can’t say no to.

Tivah said:
It sounds like you’re targeting websites that charge for guest posts. Look for the ones that care about high-quality content, and give them something they can’t say no to.

How can we find sites that actually care about good content?

@Ryan
If someone’s experienced in guest posting, they can easily tell. Most sites with ‘write for us’ pages are just looking for paid submissions.

Tivah said:
@Ryan
If someone’s experienced in guest posting, they can easily tell. Most sites with ‘write for us’ pages are just looking for paid submissions.

Yeah, I’ve seen those. They usually have a special page for it. Thanks for the advice!

Not free, but I have some DA 90+ .edu links at a really cheap price if you’re interested.

Start by looking for blogs in your niche that accept guest posts. I usually search for terms like ‘write for us’ or ‘guest post guidelines’ along with my niche on Google. You’ll find tons of options.

The trick to getting free links is building relationships. Comment on blog posts, interact with them on social media, and when you finally send your request, it won’t feel like a cold email. Be specific when pitching, and offer something really useful to their audience. They’re more likely to accept it.

Another strategy is offering to update or repurpose an old post. Blog owners love it because it’s less work for them. If you already have a piece that fits their style, just offer to tweak it for their site.

You can also try some blogger networks or communities like GrowthHackers, which sometimes have guest blogging opportunities.

Smaller blogs are often more open to free posts, so start with those if you’re just beginning. Once you’ve got a few published, it’ll be easier to approach bigger sites. And if they ask for payment, show them how valuable your content is and they might let you write for free.

You can use search engines to find blogs that accept guest posts. Try searching for phrases like:

• [Topic] + ‘write for us’
  • [Topic] + ‘submit a guest post’

There’s a bunch of other variations you can use too. It’s a bit of a grind, but if you have real expertise in a subject, you should be able to find a place to contribute.

Honestly, you’ll need a budget for guest posts. Everyone charges for them now, and the free ones are either overused or have strict guidelines.