How do I stay ahead with SEO and this EEAT stuff?

I’ve been working hard on my content but I’m confused about this EEAT thing. I approve everything my team writes, and they do a couple of days of research before starting. The issue is they’re not that experienced, and I’m not sure if letting them be listed as authors is hurting us. What can I do to keep us moving forward?

To be honest, I don’t think even Google knows what’s going on with EEAT. Their algorithms are all over the place lately…

Terryanne said:
To be honest, I don’t think even Google knows what’s going on with EEAT. Their algorithms are all over the place lately…

Algorithms gone rogue! :joy:

Honestly, EEAT feels made up. Just look at how every article on it is vague. It might help with conversions, but I don’t think it’s a big deal otherwise.

Try adding social links, like a LinkedIn profile, to the author box. It helps show some authority and trust. Basically, the author box should show expertise right off the bat.

Sounds like you’re doing a great job! Make sure to keep linking between your posts and important pages. Two days of research is pretty solid, so it seems like you’re on the right track.

Don’t stress too much. Publish what you have, then make updates as you find gaps in the content or see what your competitors are doing.

If things are going well for you, maybe don’t change much. But if you want to stay ahead, here’s what I’d do:

1. Keep up with Google’s updates.
  2. Link social profiles to the author page to show expertise, which can help with trust.
  3. Make sure the social profiles are professional and relevant.
  4. Have a separate author page with their pic, social links, and any achievements. That way, Google can see that your team knows what they’re doing.

Nobody can really say how algorithms work, but stick with the basics. SEO is a long-term thing, and results take time. Just focus on adding relevant EEAT elements and review your data on Google Search Console and Analytics to make adjustments.

Consistency and quality content are key. For EEAT, build up author credibility and back up your content with reliable sources.

Also, focus on improving on-page SEO and interlinking to keep readers engaged.

@Kev
I’ve seen a real difference since I started adding short bios with credentials at the end of each article. Consistency is huge too – just keep putting out solid content and add good links. Interlinking also helps a lot with relevance. I use SEMrush to fine-tune strategies and monitor what’s trending in my niche.

It sounds like you’re doing plenty. EEAT is so unpredictable that any advice might be useless soon. If possible, add your name to some of the content to boost credibility.

Since you’re the one editing and approving everything, it might be worth adding yourself as a co-author or content editor to show your expertise and oversight.

Research definitely helps. Plus, the more you post, the more authority your writers will build over time. EEAT is tricky, and some people don’t even think it matters. Just focus on your content and fix any traffic gaps as they show up.