How hard is it to make serious money as a blogger?

properganda said:
@Williamson
How’s it going now?

Thanks for asking! I’ve hit 10,000 visits a month now and had a huge spike recently, so I might reach 15,000 soon. I finally made my first Amazon affiliate sales—around $12—and $15 with Adsense last month. I’m hoping to optimize and aim for $50/month. I’ve read you can earn $4–$9 per 1,000 visits, so I’ve got room to grow.

@Williamson
Any more progress?

DolphGabbana said:
@Williamson
Any more progress?

Yes! I’m averaging about 17,000 users now. I hit 1,000 users in one day recently but lost momentum after adding too many ads (Google didn’t like that). Last month I earned $40 in commissions, up from $12, but September has been slower with just $3 so far.

@Williamson
Thanks for the update! Wishing you the best!

@Williamson
How’s it going now?

@Williamson
Just checking in—any updates?

@Williamson
I’m invested in your story! How’s it going?

@Williamson
Would love to know if you’ve hit 25k visits yet and started raking in sales!

DolphGabbana said:
@Williamson
Any more progress?

How are things going now in 2023?

There’s no luck involved! You make your own luck through hard work.

Earning $1K a month isn’t that hard, but the first few months are tough—like Google doesn’t even know you exist. It feels like they make you prove you’re serious about blogging. Once they see you’re consistently adding content, they start to take notice.

The difference between those who make it and those who don’t is determination. Many people think they can start a blog and the money will roll in, but when they see how hard it is, they give up.

Set realistic goals, stick with it, and you’ll get there. A year from now, you’ll be glad you didn’t quit.

@Ava
This ^

I also love this quote:

“The harder I work, the luckier I get.”

I see so many people give up way too soon. Like, ‘I wrote 6 articles last month, why isn’t my brand new site getting traffic?’

Well… :sweat_smile:

My advice is to blog about something you’re passionate and knowledgeable about. You’ll enjoy writing more, and the content will be better. Chasing affiliate products can be tough because everyone’s doing the same thing.