How to do Keyword research without spending 100-200$ every month on tools like SEMrush?

Is it possible to do keyword research without SEMrush? Are there any cheaper alternatives?

1 Like

hey!

Yes, keyword research can definitely be done without SEMrush.

There are quite a few alternatives out there that can fit different budgets and needs.

For instance, Ubersuggest is a user-friendly option that provides a good range of SEO insights.

If you’re looking for something free, Google Keyword Planner is a great place to start, especially if you’re already using Google Ads.

SERPStat is another tool that offers many of the core features you’d find in SEMrush but at a more accessible price point.

Mangools is also worth checking out, particularly if you’re just starting out with SEO, as it’s quite straightforward to use.

Ahrefs, while a bit more expensive, is often touted as the best overall alternative due to its extensive features.

Free tools can be quite helpful too. Besides Google Keyword Planner, there are other no-cost resources that can assist with basic keyword research. Ultimately, the effectiveness of your SEO strategy will hinge not just on the tools you use, but also on how you utilize the data they provide.

I hope this helps! Remember, the key is to find a tool that matches the specific features you need for your SEO strategy.

When you combine Answer the Public with the Keywords Everywhere plugin, you may obtain search volume for an enormous amount of queries.

Asking a question on Google about your sector and then repeatedly clicking on “people also asked” is another fantastic free option to explore. This will provide you with an endless list of related questions that people will undoubtedly inquire because Google has encouraged them to do so.

I have a tendency to be frugal… I personally use seoscout, but I don’t pay for it… I love how it lets me create topics and gives me both long and short tail keywords for those topics… I’ve found that a topic can generate anywhere from 100 to 200 keywords… I want to let you know that the trial period for our service is 14 days, and you won’t need to provide any credit card information to start your subscription. I only use 10-minute email services every two weeks… I understand that it may not be the best choice, but I prefer to be cost-effective.