I give up with Google... what am I missing?

Bing isn’t great, but more people are using ChatGPT. If someone types “research about [topic],” ChatGPT will search Bing for them. You might still show up.

There are site-wide factors that affect your page rankings too. Care to share your target keyword or URL?

I think Google tends to favor sites that invest more in their branding.

You need to start diversifying your traffic sources. Pinterest might help. It’s been doing well since the last Google update in August.

I’d do anything to even get indexed by Google right now.

Kyle said:

DMing you now.

PostPioneer1 said:

Kyle said:

DMing you now.

Please don’t. I was just venting.

Just forget about Google.

EvansBrown13 said:

So… should I give up on blogging too then?

Faithjones said:

EvansBrown13 said:

So… should I give up on blogging too then?

No, don’t give up yet. Things might change. But it’s clear Google doesn’t care about smaller publishers. So why care about Google?

@EvansBrown13
Because Google has been the main traffic source for most of us. Or at least, it used to be.

Myles said:
@EvansBrown13
Because Google has been the main traffic source for most of us. Or at least, it used to be.

Exactly, it used to be. So why keep worrying about Google if they don’t care about us anymore?

Google’s algorithm changes are unpredictable. Even small, well-meaning updates can backfire.

Maybe check out what your competitors are doing differently. Also, forums can help drive engagement with your content.