I was getting over 300,000 traffic a month from Pinterest, and then Raptive rejected my site

My website got rejected because they said it lacks organic traffic. But most of my traffic comes from Pinterest. They argue that organic traffic is the best and most stable, which I find ridiculous. Don’t they realize that Google’s changes are hitting small publishers hard? For now, Pinterest’s algorithm is much more stable than Google’s.

1 Like

That is not organic traffic, social traffic has no value

1 Like

Mediavine and Raptive prioritize organic traffic from Google search over social media organic traffic. Recently, they rejected me for having mostly social media organic traffic despite having 300k monthly visitors. They prefer traffic from Google search, as even Google AdSense is starting to favor this type of traffic. It’s essential u focus on improving your search engine optimization (SEO) to attract more organic traffic from Google.

Hold on, social traffic can be incredibly valuable! It’s true it’s not technically “organic” traffic, which comes from search engines without any paid promotion. But social media drives real people to your site. They’re interested in what you have to offer because they follow you or saw something shared by a friend. They’re more likely to be engaged and convert into customers than random visitors from a search engine. Social media is a powerful tool to build brand awareness, loyalty, and ultimately sales.