Is Matt Diggity just clueless or something else?

I watched his newest video and I’m not sure if he’s just throwing out random stuff, being misleading or doesn’t really know what’s going on anymore. Anyone here check out his channel lately?

What do you guys think?

Like with most of these YouTube guys, it’s a bit hit and miss. Sometimes he’s got some good tips, but he’s also playing to the algorithm. I take it with a pinch of salt and just use what seems useful to me.

I used to follow him and I got good results, especially when it came to backlinks. His trick about refreshing the article date worked for a while too until Google stopped allowing it. Not sure what he’s up to these days though, haven’t watched him in a long time. SEO’s changed a lot and I wonder if he’s still in the game as strong as before.

What exactly did he lie about? Got an example?

I don’t think he’s out to scam people or just making stuff up for money.

He’s pretty sharp. I wouldn’t say he’s clueless. Can you point out what part of the video seemed off to you? I just watched it and didn’t catch anything that seemed misleading.

Met him a few times, he’s a good guy. Wouldn’t say he’s the top SEO expert, but he’s definitely skilled. His content is pretty good for beginners, but sometimes it feels like he’s playing to a broader audience.

He’s one of the better-known SEOs out there, but he keeps some of the good stuff under wraps so Google doesn’t shut it down too quickly.

He knows his stuff for sure, but since the HCU updates, his advice seems all over the place. His recent suggestion to go into ecommerce because it’s ‘easy’ made me laugh though.

He’s good, but I don’t take anyone’s word as gospel. His videos seem helpful, but you still gotta use your own judgement. I don’t follow his advice blindly.

He had a solid backlink service back in the day. I think he knows what he’s talking about, just need to be a little skeptical like with anyone else.

Noah said:
He’s good, but I don’t take anyone’s word as gospel. His videos seem helpful, but you still gotta use your own judgement. I don’t follow his advice blindly.

Yeah, his ‘how to rank as the best-looking person in your city’ video was funny, but some things he’s said recently just didn’t sit right with me. Needed to get it off my chest.

What lie did he tell in the video? Matt’s in the trenches with SEO, so he usually knows what’s working and what’s not.

Matt knows his stuff, but his YouTube is more for entertainment and getting leads for his business these days.