Should I switch from Blogger to wordpress.com?

For the past year, I have been running a game review blog. It started out on Tumblr, but because of some issues with my account, I switched to Blogger. Now I’m just contemplating on moving to WordPress or if I should stay.

I know wordpress.org is the way to go, but I want to keep a free site for now.

1 Like

Hey @Gerald

WordPress.org definitely offers a lot of flexibility and customization options that can take your blog to the next level. But if you’re looking to keep things free for now, WordPress.com might be a good compromise. It still gives you access to some powerful features and a wide range of themes, albeit with some limitations compared to the self-hosted version.

I made the switch to WordPress.com when I was in a similar situation, and it allowed me to continue growing my blog without breaking the bank. Plus, if you ever decide to upgrade to a self-hosted WordPress.org site in the future, the transition will be smoother since you’re already familiar with the platform.

Ultimately, it boils down to your priorities and what you’re comfortable with. Both Blogger and WordPress have their pros and cons, so take your time to weigh them carefully. I’m sure you’ll make the right choice for you and your blog!

If you’re considering a move from Blogger to WordPress, especially if you’re eyeing wordpress.org, it’s likely a smart choice for the long-term scalability and customization options. However, if budget constraints are a concern, sticking with a free WordPress.com site might be a viable option for now. Assess your needs, weigh the pros and cons, and make the decision that aligns best with your blogging goals and budget.