Squarespace vs. WordPress for My Blog and Photography Site

Hi guys,

I’m setting up a blog for my future career, where I’ll showcase projects and other stuff I’ll be working on. I’ve used WordPress before with Elementor, but I’m getting a bit tired of dealing with all the plugins and technicalities.

I’m also thinking about adding a second website for my photography. I’ve used Squarespace in the past, so I’m familiar with both platforms.

What do you think—should I stick with WordPress or switch to Squarespace? I’m looking for ease of use and flexibility, and I’d love to hear your experiences and recommendations :wink:

Both platforms have their perks, but if you’re sick of dealing with plugins, Squarespace could give you a cleaner experience. Just think about your long-term goals—WordPress is way more flexible if your needs change down the road. Maybe you could use Squarespace for your photography site and stick with WordPress for your career blog? That way, you get the best of both worlds…

Yeah, I totally get that. Needing a host can be a pain. I really like Cloudways and all that. Plus, I use Google Domains, and it’s now integrated with Squarespace, which makes things easier…

Yeah, I totally get that. Needing a host can be a pain. I really like Cloudways and all that. Plus, I use Google Domains, and it’s now integrated with Squarespace, which makes things easier!

Sure…Not having to deal with hosting is a big win. And with the Google Domains integration, it makes things super smooth. Have you tried any other platforms that offer similar conveniences?

I tried GoDaddy, and it’s alright. I didn’t even realize they integrated Google Domains until this year! I’ve also tried Wix, which is fine if you just want a one-page HTML site, but the UI isn’t great. Same goes for Weebly. I had a WordPress site too, but I forgot to pay for hosting for like a week, and they deleted my server! :frowning: With other platforms, I could set up automatic payments and avoid that hassle.

Ouch, that’s tough … Automatic payments would totally save you from that kind of headache. It might be worth reaching out to your host to see if they can recover anything or at least set up those automatic payments for peace of mind in the future. Either way, switching to a different platform could be a smart move.

You don’t need a lot of plugins for Blogging, just pick up a good theme on Wordpress