What are your SERP Ranking Tips

Hello everyone! I’m kind of new to SEO. I have a blog that’s about 3 months old, and I’ve noticed that some of my keywords are climbing up in the rankings. The first two on my list started at around 90 and now they are at 40 on the SERP. Yay! My question is, what else can I do to improve my ranking? I’m using AHREFS by the way. Thanks!

By the way, I don’t have any backlinks yet.

https://ibb.co/wChVKQx

You should pick some more specific, lower-competition keywords to build your search authority. Until you have quite a few pages ranking in the top ten, it will be hard to get more traffic. When your pages do well, it helps improve the ranking of your other pages too. So, your pages ranking in the 40s might move up to the 20s once you build more authority.

Focus on writing articles on topics you believe you can rank in the top ten. Look for questions that don’t have clear answers already, where the big names in your niche aren’t competing with you. Try long-tail keywords since those are usually easier. Only you know your niche and what people are searching for that they aren’t finding elsewhere. Once you find 5-10 potential terms, go deep into SEO practices to make sure your articles are optimized. Avoid the spammy methods that some suggest — make sure your content is a good fit. I’m sure you’ll see some results!

Good luck :slight_smile:

So should I write more articles about the two topics I’m ranking higher?

Not really, as that might dilute your original article’s ability to rank. Instead, do keyword research to find new article topics you can confidently rank for. Don’t waste time writing about topics where you have no chance of getting into the top twenty.

Well, I picked my keywords because their difficulty level is less than 10.

Keyword research is tough but necessary. I’ve used Keywords Everywhere, which is great for finding low-competition keywords. AnswerThePublic is awesome for topic ideas too. I tried UsePulse for real-time keyword tracking, but focusing on easier-to-rank terms boosted my traffic quickly.

I totally understand where you’re coming from as I had a similar experience a while back. Focusing on low-competition, long-tail keywords really helped me. Once I changed my strategy, I saw a big boost in traffic because it was easier to grab those top ten spots. I’ve used tools like Keywords Everywhere for affordable keyword insights and SEMrush for thorough checks, but UsePulse is cool too for tracking specific Reddit discussions around trending topics if that’s something you’re interested in. The key is to keep experimenting until you find what works. Keep going, and the results will come!

Congrats on the ranking improvements! To further boost your SEO, I recommend focusing on building high-quality backlinks. Guest posting on relevant blogs in your niche is a great way to get started. Look for chances to contribute valuable content that links back to your blog naturally.

Also, keep optimizing your on-page SEO elements like titles, meta descriptions, and header tags. Make sure they include your target keywords but still sound natural and engaging.

Promoting your content on social media can help drive more traffic and might earn you some extra backlinks as well. Twitter and LinkedIn are great for connecting with others in your field.

Keep creating great content and be patient — SEO takes time, but it sounds like you’re on the right track! Let me know if you have any other questions.

You’ll need to build some backlinks to improve your ranking. A ranking of 40 is a good start, but you won’t see significant progress without backlinks.