What SEO Tips Have Worked Best for You in 2024?

Focusing on topical authority has been the key for my content strategy.

I’ve been doing tiered link building. I use high-authority links for tier 1 (nothing below DR 70), then back those up with a mix of mid-range guest posts and quality niche edits for tier 2.

Caine said:
I’ve been doing tiered link building. I use high-authority links for tier 1 (nothing below DR 70), then back those up with a mix of mid-range guest posts and quality niche edits for tier 2.

I have a site with DR 62, but it hasn’t improved in over a year, even though I’ve been building about 50 backlinks a week from mid-range sites. Any tips on how to boost this?

The best advice I can give is to create better content than your competitors, have a logical site structure, and build targeted backlinks.

Blog said:
The best advice I can give is to create better content than your competitors, have a logical site structure, and build targeted backlinks.

That’s not very helpful advice. You’re basically telling him to be better at everything.

@Vincent
Exactly. It doesn’t need to be over-complicated.

Blog said:
@Vincent
Exactly. It doesn’t need to be over-complicated.

I really disagree. I’ve had 3 blogs with over 300 high-quality posts. My last blog only took off when I started applying proper SEO techniques, especially ones that help search engines understand your content better.

@Vincent
Sounds like there was something fundamentally wrong with your earlier approach…