What tools do you all use to make SEO audit reports?

I’ve been working on SEO audit reports for a bit now, but I want to make them look better and easier to understand for my clients. Any tips on tools or software that can help with this?

I mostly just use Google Slides and my brain to be honest.

You can’t really automate a solid technical SEO audit. Newbies make the mistake of just using tool-generated reports. Like when you see 1500 errors for the same link in the footer? It’s just 1 error, not 1500. The real value is in how you interpret those reports.

I mix a few tools depending on the task. SEMrush for site audits and keyword research, Ahrefs for backlinks and competitors, and Screaming Frog for site structure. Then I throw it all together in Google Data Studio to make it easier for clients to digest. It strikes a good balance between depth and being client-friendly.

I prefer custom reports. SEMrush’s SERP tracking is good for keeping tabs, but not something I’d give to a client—it gets too detailed.

I’m using Ahrefs starter plan now. It works fine for me.

Callen said:

Is that the $29 per month one?

SavvyGenX said:

Callen said:

Is that the $29 per month one?

Yep, just starting out. It works well for me and I like their AI content helper feature.

@Callen
Wait, they can detect AI content?

SavvyGenX said:
@Callen
Wait, they can detect AI content?

No, no. It’s not about detecting AI content. They fetch top pages for keywords and summarize topics, so you can improve your content based on that. They also give your content an estimated score.

@Callen
Got it. Thanks for explaining that!

SavvyGenX said:
@Callen
Got it. Thanks for explaining that!

You should give it a try, it’s worth it.

I use Looker Studio for reports.

The SEMrush reporting tool works well for me.

When I worked at an agency, we used SEOptimer a lot.

I like to make my reports from scratch. I use tools like SEMrush, Screaming Frog, and Google Analytics, but I piece it all together manually for better structure. And if the client gives access to Google Search Console, that’s a big help too.

SEMrush is great for exporting data into nice-looking reports.

I use SEMrush, Ahrefs, and Google Search Console. I also make sure to mention page indexing issues and core web vitals like security problems.

Ahrefs and Screaming Frog for audits. I do keyword research manually though.

Google Data Studio is great for customizing reports. If you need to work on local SEO audits, check out Local Business Protection services.