What Type of Blogs Are Working Nowadays?

Hey everyone,

I’ve been noticing that many niche sites seem to be going down lately. Fresh sites initially show a boost, but then after a few days, they drop in rankings.

For those experienced bloggers out there, I could really use some guidance. What type of blogging is actually working these days?

I’m totally confused about how to start and what niche or type of blog I should focus on. Should I go with news blogs, evergreen content, or something else?

Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Hey! I’ve noticed the same thing with niche sites lately. It’s super frustrating! From my experience, evergreen content tends to have more staying power, but it’s also really competitive. Have you thought about mixing both evergreen and trending topics? It might give you a boost while also providing long-term value.

I also had to decide which speciality to concentrate on. I chose cooking since it’s something I actually enjoy doing, and it made the process a lot simpler. Even if it’s not popular right now, have you considered starting a blog about something you’re really passionate about?

The same thing happened to me with a fitness blog I started. It spiked, then dropped fast. I’ve had better luck with evergreen content like guides and how-to articles. They may not get instant traction, but they build over time.

Totally relate! I’m still figuring things out myself, but I’ve noticed that blogs focused on storytelling seem to do well. Maybe consider a niche that allows you to tell personal stories or case studies?

I think what’s working these days is quality over quantity. Instead of pumping out tons of content, I started focusing on fewer, in-depth posts that truly help readers. It takes more time, but it’s been worth it for my blog!

You’re asking the right question! It’s definitely confusing these days. I’ve found success by focusing on building email lists and direct traffic sources. That way, you’re not fully relying on search rankings.