Any tips for a good SEO subscription plan for my business?

Hey everyone,

I’ve recently gotten a bit of funding (around $1000 CAD or less) to improve the SEO of my jewelry business website. Since I’m still new to SEO, I was wondering if you have any suggestions for good SEO tools or software (maybe something for auditing or keyword research) that are worth subscribing to for a year or so? Even a shorter plan might work too. I’d love some advice!

I’d recommend SEMrush. You could get a one-month subscription to try out keyword research, especially their AI personalization features. Just make sure you know how to use it before committing! Bing Webmaster Tools is also free, and you can log in with your Google Search Console account. It gives you access to backlink research, keyword research, and Microsoft Clarity for user insights. Clarity is super helpful!

@EdwardGenesis
Quick question… how exactly do you use Bing Webmaster Tools to get Microsoft Clarity?

BloggingBuddy said:
@EdwardGenesis
Quick question… how exactly do you use Bing Webmaster Tools to get Microsoft Clarity?

You can actually get Clarity without Bing Webmaster Tools, but it was launched alongside it. Just search ‘Bing Tools primaryposition’ to find it.

@Mitchel
Thanks for that! I’ll look into it once I’m back at my desk. So, is Clarity hidden somewhere in Bing Tools, or do I need to sign up somewhere else?

BloggingBuddy said:
@Mitchel
Thanks for that! I’ll look into it once I’m back at my desk. So, is Clarity hidden somewhere in Bing Tools, or do I need to sign up somewhere else?

You can sign up directly at clarity.microsoft.com, no need to go through Bing Tools!

@EdwardGenesis
Honestly, for that budget and since you’re new to SEO, I’d probably just go with brainstorming ideas using ChatGPT at $20/month for the year. It might be all you need to get started.

Google Search Console is free and powerful. I’d also suggest taking some online courses. Ahrefs has a good one. Once you’re ready, you could try Ahrefs for a month, download all the data you need (competitor keywords, backlinks, top pages), and then cancel. You can also connect Ahrefs to Search Console for some free data without needing a full subscription. Another tool you might want to check out is NeuronWriter, which I got on a lifetime deal from Appsumo.

I’m not sure how their starter plans look now, but both Ahrefs and SEMrush are excellent tools. Ahrefs is better for backlink analysis, and SEMrush shines for keyword research and tracking. If you’re new to this, I’d lean towards Ahrefs. You don’t have to commit to a full year though—try them both and see which works for you! People often mention Screaming Frog, but since your budget is tight, I think Ahrefs or SEMrush would cover most of what you need. Screaming Frog does have a free option for websites with under 500 pages though!

Here’s what I’d recommend:

1. Serpfox (first 10 keywords are free, then there’s a fee) for tracking where your site ranks. This is super important for measuring progress.
  2. Ahrefs or SEMrush—both are great but expensive, so test out the trials to see which one fits your needs.
  3. Keysearch.co is another option to get more data if you want to compare against Ahrefs or SEMrush.

This isn’t exactly what you’re asking for, but you might want to check out Simpli.fi. It’s worth knowing about.

I use SERPtag for keyword rank tracking at just $5/month. It offers features like alerts, keyword grouping, and more. Worth checking out!

KarmaKnight said:
I use SERPtag for keyword rank tracking at just $5/month. It offers features like alerts, keyword grouping, and more. Worth checking out!

Does it come with a local grid feature? Also, how does it handle keyword clustering? Does it group keywords like SEMrush and Ahrefs, or can we provide our own keywords and have it cluster them based on intent?

@properganda4real
They offer a free trial, so you can explore all their features to see what works best for you!

Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Business Profile are all free. They’ll help you rank if you know how to use them. SEO is all about creating useful content. Google rewards content that brings value to users with higher rankings.

Did you apply for your PCAN subvention? It was offering $2400 just for SEO work.

SEMrush and Ahrefs are both good choices.

Honestly, any SEO service you get for $1000 over a year won’t be very effective. I’d suggest using that money to focus on improving conversions first, then building up a bigger budget. For SEO, you’re looking at needing at least $1500 a month to see good results.

SEO GPT is free and a good place to start.

Congrats on securing some funding for your business! For keyword research, search volume, and rankings, I’d recommend checking out AutoBlogX. It helps find relevant keywords, analyzes competitor rankings, and integrates this data into blog posts that it can automatically generate. Plus, it handles SEO, generates images, and even schedules and publishes posts directly to your blog. We’re currently in the testing phase and would love feedback from users like you if you’re interested!