How to start a blog and make money?

@ThreadTactician
More like a mix of everything.

You mention Google monitoring for success providing a solution. First off this is a limitation. What if they are using a Safari browser. Hell 3rd party tracking cookies are soon to be removed from browsers as well.

They have publicly disclosed they have a limited capacity to distinguish the quality of content.

Google has always relied on the endorsement of pages via backlinks to determine rank. I see what you are saying but it’s going to remain a key component despite your feelings.

Focus on creating high-quality, engaging content that addresses your audience’s needs.

Optimize your posts for SEO with relevant keywords, titles, and meta descriptions.

Promote consistently on social media and build relationships with influencers in your niche.

If planning for paid promotion then be sure atleast you will get your return.

Offer something for free, Users love freebies

Only high promotion or nothing!

Just not a WordPress fan. I code all my sites by hand.

Bradley said:

What hosting platform do you use? I am assuming HTML/CSS/Javascript? If so I am thinking of doing the same

kelvin said:

Bradley said:

What hosting platform do you use? I am assuming HTML/CSS/Javascript? If so I am thinking of doing the same

Yep, html, css, js and PHP. Great free yourself of what others think you should be able to do on a website. Little secret, My code goes into an rss file, I then wrote a php script to update the pages based on the rss file. That way I only have one place to go if I ever want to make changes in general.

LillyGrace said:

Understanding Your Audience:
Once you have a niche, research your audience. Who are they? What do they care about? Where do they hang out online? This will help you decide on the best platform to promote your blog. Don’t try to manage multiple platforms right away—start with one where your audience is active, whether it’s YouTube, Pinterest, or another platform.

Step 2: Setting Up Your Blog

Setting up your blog can feel overwhelming, but with the right tools, it’s totally doable!

Domain & Hosting:
You’ll need a domain name and hosting service. A good host makes sure your site runs fast and stays online. Bluehost, SiteGround, or A2 Hosting are good options for beginners.

WordPress Setup:
Use WordPress.org for your blog (not WordPress.com). Choose a simple, fast theme like Kadence to start with. Don’t go overboard on plugins—just get the essentials like Yoast SEO (for search engine optimization) and a speed optimization plugin like WP Rocket.

Analytics Setup:
Install Google Analytics and Google Search Console. These tools help track who’s visiting your site and how they find you, which is crucial for growing your blog.

Step 3: Creating Content

Now that your blog is set up, it’s time to focus on content. This is the most important part, so stick with it!

Consistency is Key:
Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see much traffic at first. Most blogs take at least six months to see growth. Keep writing high-quality content consistently. Even posting once a week can work as long as your posts are well-researched and helpful.

Content Creation Tips:
Write in-depth articles that solve your readers’ problems or answer their questions. Avoid fluff and focus on delivering value. Make sure your articles are original and include your personal experiences if possible. Use unique images and videos to make your content stand out.

@James

Step 4: Monetizing Your Blog

Once you have traffic, it’s time to think about making money.

Display Ads & Affiliates:
The easiest way to start earning is through display ads like Google AdSense or affiliate programs like Amazon Associates. Over time, you can apply to higher-paying ad networks like Mediavine or Raptive.

Create Your Own Products:
The most profitable route is creating and selling your own products or services, such as digital courses, memberships, or physical products related to your niche.

Step 5: Scaling and Expanding

Once you have a routine, start thinking about scaling up.

Expand Your Content & Platforms:
Consider hiring writers or adding a second social media platform to promote your content. If you started with Pinterest, maybe now is the time to branch into YouTube or Instagram, depending on where your audience hangs out.

Strengthen Your Brand:
Start treating your blog like a real business. Get a professional logo, set up an email address at your domain, and create key pages like an About page and a Privacy Policy.

Common Mistakes to Avoid:

• Trying to do everything at once and sacrificing quality
  • Focusing on monetization too early
  • Giving up too soon
  • Spending too much time on learning and planning without taking action
  • Picking a niche that’s too broad or too competitive
  • Relying on AI for writing content without personalizing it

Remember, consistency and quality are key. With patience and persistence, you’ll start seeing results!

Understand your niche and target audience.

Predict keywords and use Google Trends rather than just relying on months old data from KW tools.

Become the “Source.”

Create an organized hierarchical structure.

Answer the question “What’s the objective of the website?” - the source context

Rest is all basic, What you have already shared.

Following those steps is essential, the real key to success is how often bloggers maintain engagement with their audience.

Successful blogs are more interactive, offering value beyond just content. Monetization strategies like Ezoic or Hydro can be smart alternatives to Google AdSense, as they provide more flexibility and don’t overwhelm the blog with ads.

Bloggers who diversify their income streams are likely to see better results over time.

In addition to number 9, i will suggest you consider adding other options like Hydro Online to help with more passive income.

I’m not choosing a good niche.suggest me please

LillyGrace said:

This will not work after google HCU

Amelia said:

LillyGrace said:

This will not work after google HCU

Yes that works. Always has. Even after HCU.

LillyGrace said:

what is KGR?

Gregory said:

LillyGrace said:

what is KGR?

Keyword golden ratio

BloggaLeez said:

Gregory said:
LillyGrace said:

what is KGR?

Keyword golden ratio

How it works?

Gregory said:

BloggaLeez said:
Gregory said:
LillyGrace said:

what is KGR?

Keyword golden ratio

How it works?

@LillyGrace
HI, thanks for sharing. I was not aware of this technic. Sounds very interesting. I’ll do some tests and see if it can help me too.

LillyGrace said:

What Wordpress theme do you use?