How to start a blog that makes money?

Alex said:
Not only was your post helpful, but it was also refreshing and motivating. Thanks for putting in the time to help us out!

I’m so glad you found it helpful! Thanks for reading!

Do you know how the ‘just start’ forum got started? What was its purpose?

Julianah said:
Do you know how the ‘just start’ forum got started? What was its purpose?

No idea about its history, but it’s mainly people discussing blogging and niche sites. It’s slowed down lately, but still useful.

Legend! Love the post.

Thanks for this. What’s wrong with Bluehost? I have one site there and was planning to add another, but now I’m thinking I should move.

Freeman said:
Thanks for this. What’s wrong with Bluehost? I have one site there and was planning to add another, but now I’m thinking I should move.

Bluehost is slow, their support isn’t great, and they get hard to manage as your site grows. Definitely switch to something better!

Thanks for the detailed guide. I already have a big Instagram following but now I’m feeling the pressure to start a blog. Should I post content once a week, or can I do two or three times a week without losing quality?

@Mia
Post as often as you can while keeping the quality high. If you can manage 2 or 3 posts a week without sacrificing quality, go for it. Just don’t burn out!

Thanks, OP. I’m trying to get started and this is a lot of good info.

Reese said:
Thanks, OP. I’m trying to get started and this is a lot of good info.

You’re welcome!

Great post! I’ve heard that Google is penalizing AI-written content. Is that true?

Ava said:
Great post! I’ve heard that Google is penalizing AI-written content. Is that true?

Yeah, it’s true. I work for a company that uses AI detectors. They caught one of my AI-generated submissions and called me out. You can use AI to help brainstorm or structure your writing, but don’t rely on it to write for you.

@Bright1
Interesting! Thanks for the heads-up.

Ava said:

As a professional copywriter, I can tell you that Google doesn’t care whether content is written by AI or humans. What they care about is quality. Low-quality, unhelpful content gets penalized, regardless of who (or what) wrote it. That’s why sites like Forbes have had pages de-indexed after Google’s recent updates.

@UpvoteVoyager
That’s really helpful to know. Thanks!

Ava said:

I’d avoid using AI for writing. It’s risky. You can use it for ideas and outlines, but don’t let it write your articles.

@Maggymodel
I use AI to summarize movie plots for my screenwriting blog. Do you think that’s okay, or should I rewrite those sections?

terrydon said:
@Maggymodel
I use AI to summarize movie plots for my screenwriting blog. Do you think that’s okay, or should I rewrite those sections?

It might be okay for a short summary, but I’d rewrite it yourself to be safe. AI content is risky in general.

@Maggymodel
Thanks! Did you have a day job when you started blogging?

terrydon said:
@Maggymodel
Thanks! Did you have a day job when you started blogging?

Nope! I started blogging while I was in college, so I never had to get a job after graduating.