How to start a blog that makes money?

Maggymodel said:

terrydon said:
@Maggymodel
Thanks! Did you have a day job when you started blogging?

Nope! I started blogging while I was in college, so I never had to get a job after graduating.

That’s awesome! Is there a way to measure how competitive a niche is before diving in?

@terrydon
Look at how relevant the search results are for your target keywords. If many aren’t relevant, it might be less competitive. Also, check the domain authority of the sites ranking for those keywords.

@Maggymodel
Could you give me an example of a relevant vs. irrelevant keyword?

terrydon said:
@Maggymodel

Send me a message and I’ll help you with some examples.

Maggymodel said:

terrydon said:
@Maggymodel

Send me a message and I’ll help you with some examples.

This comment is empty, admin should fix.

@Maggymodel
Yeah, AI is good for drafts or outlines, but you can always tell when the final product is just AI fluff.

Thanks so much for this post. The niche I’m writing about is super competitive, but I decided to give it a shot. I’ve been putting it off for ages!

Magdalina said:
Thanks so much for this post. The niche I’m writing about is super competitive, but I decided to give it a shot. I’ve been putting it off for ages!

If it’s too competitive, consider narrowing down your niche even more. Good luck!

Thanks for the guide! Do you have any thoughts on using Ghost instead of WordPress?

Isaac said:
Thanks for the guide! Do you have any thoughts on using Ghost instead of WordPress?

I haven’t used Ghost, so I can’t speak to it. I’ve only worked with WordPress so far.

@Maggymodel
Thanks! I’ve been debating between WordPress and Ghost. I guess I’ll go with WordPress. I’m stuck in the planning phase but ready to get started!

Isaac said:
@Maggymodel
Thanks! I’ve been debating between WordPress and Ghost. I guess I’ll go with WordPress. I’m stuck in the planning phase but ready to get started!

Go with WordPress and move on. Don’t worry too much about the logo or small details right now—just get started!

@Maggymodel
Thanks, I appreciate the advice!

Thanks for breaking all of this down. I’m just starting out, and this is super helpful.

plugindoctor said:
Thanks for breaking all of this down. I’m just starting out, and this is super helpful.

Glad you found it useful!

You make some good points, but even if you check all the boxes, you can still fail. It’s important to choose a topic you enjoy and are passionate about.

SarahLays said:
You make some good points, but even if you check all the boxes, you can still fail. It’s important to choose a topic you enjoy and are passionate about.

Absolutely. There’s always risk involved in starting a business, and blogging is no different.

You mentioned using keyword tools like Ahrefs or SERanking. Can you explain how they work?

Umbrielle said:
You mentioned using keyword tools like Ahrefs or SERanking. Can you explain how they work?

That’s a lot to cover here, but there are plenty of YouTube tutorials to help with that.

I’ve heard that Google is cracking down on AI-written content. Would something like puns or riddles be okay?